View Single Post
Old 20-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1332 / Power: 21
iceboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud oficeboy has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Siem Reap (Cambodia) Experiences

I stayed at Angkor Boutique Tropic which is not so close to Pub/Market Street. About US $40 per night. To walk will be about 20mins. Tuk-tuk readily available. This just 3 star hotel but I feel is good enough for me. Alternatively, there is Tara Angkor hotel nearby which is 4star. Tara is listed in many blog as girl friendly but I wrote in to ask , the reply was that extra guest need to pay. So I don't want to risk. I go for Angkor boutique since they replied that as long as not more than 2 paxes per room, there will be no charges.

You are right that the extra payment for extra guest don't make sense. Anyway, under your situation you have no choice.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAJ View Post
Which hotel did you stay at and how much was it? Next time I come (if ever) I gotta stay at a more sensible place!

I stayed at the Raffles Grand and I remember thinking on the way back to my hotel that the whole thing was ridiculous; that I had "sort-of" bargained the girl down on her price and here I was, at the same time paying at least 4 times the amount just for my hotel room.

And actually when I checked out, it was over 5 times her price, even including the generous tip I gave! Heck just the taxes and other charges amounted to as much as I paid the gal for the whole night!!

Made me feel terrible then....but....lets face it, the gal was very pleased with what she "earned" regardless..... And I was equally pleased too! LOL

SEAJ