View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 424 / Power: 20
smile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post
Many ask me this question before...........my first question is : Do you have a Thai wife?

How much you need depend on how you want to live your own life, and if you have wife and kids, what kind of school you want to put your kids? Singapore Int'l school cost around 300k baht yearly while local private school with Int'l program cost around 100k yearly and local thai school just 20-30k yearly.

And by the time u retire in 25 years time, most likely you will choose to retire in Chiangmai instead of Bkk.....cheaper, more peaceful, nicer friendly people, lesser traffic, nicer weather etc.
Ya I figured many people have posed this question before. Currently I'm not married but will want to eventually settle down with a puying. Not really keen on kids but I'm sure my Wife to be would like one.

I have given Cnx a thought too as I really loved the place. But ya as you said only when I'm older would I hanker for such a lifestyle. Definitely in consideration tho.