View Single Post
Old 29-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1458 / Power: 21
Pearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud of
Re: Any one try at Yangoon -Myammar before

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlad View Post
Thanks for your reply. I have a few more questions which I hope you can provide some answers.
1) Is it advisable to carry mostly US$ instead of Kyats since it is less bulky?
2) Does the average Burmese accept the US$ for purchases and is it legal to use US$ there?
3) Where is the best place to buy kyats ?
4) What do you do with the excess kyats before you leave Myanmar, can we change it back to US$ at close to the rate we buy?
5) Is it advisable to carry my passport at all times with me for checks by authorities ?
6) Is there any black areas that we should avoid while in Yangon and other popular tourist towns there?

I am grateful for y;ur kind advice. Thank you.
Hope these helped:

1) Carry USD la.. Ks too bulky. Change as u need.
2) All transaction in Ks. Only major outlets accept USD like hotels.
3) Best place is to change at Panorama Hotel lobby. If not too much, just change at your hotel. Difference is not much and its much more convenient.
4) Excess Ks u keep lo or donate. I know Parkroyal doesnt change it back for you.
5) No need to bring passport out.
6) All area are safe but dont go gung-ho and walk into an unlighted street. If intuition screams BEWARE, just dont do it.

If I forgot to return your points, please pm me your latest post link hor. Thanks