The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2016, 02:50 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 424 / Power: 20
smile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re-location advice

Hi bros,

I noticed in this forum have many lao jiao cheongsters and some of you guys are Singaporeans working/residing in Thailand. It's my lifelong dream to relocate there eventually (Singapore too expensive and boring).

Question is, how much do I need to be making a month to live decently there if i were to secure a job there? (have a decent condo, no need car because BKK traffic is terrible and taxis are cheap, and can support a family)

Also, if i were to retire there eventually? what are the essentials I would need to look out for? like how much cash reserves should i need if I'm no longer working with an additional life expectancy of 25 years ?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3191 / Power: 14
Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post
Hi bros,

I noticed in this forum have many lao jiao cheongsters and some of you guys are Singaporeans working/residing in Thailand. It's my lifelong dream to relocate there eventually (Singapore too expensive and boring).

Question is, how much do I need to be making a month to live decently there if i were to secure a job there? (have a decent condo, no need car because BKK traffic is terrible and taxis are cheap, and can support a family)

Also, if i were to retire there eventually? what are the essentials I would need to look out for? like how much cash reserves should i need if I'm no longer working with an additional life expectancy of 25 years ?

Thanks in advance!
Many ask me this question before...........my first question is : Do you have a Thai wife?

How much you need depend on how you want to live your own life, and if you have wife and kids, what kind of school you want to put your kids? Singapore Int'l school cost around 300k baht yearly while local private school with Int'l program cost around 100k yearly and local thai school just 20-30k yearly.

And by the time u retire in 25 years time, most likely you will choose to retire in Chiangmai instead of Bkk.....cheaper, more peaceful, nicer friendly people, lesser traffic, nicer weather etc.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Samster

smile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersmile_santa is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post
Many ask me this question before...........my first question is : Do you have a Thai wife?

How much you need depend on how you want to live your own life, and if you have wife and kids, what kind of school you want to put your kids? Singapore Int'l school cost around 300k baht yearly while local private school with Int'l program cost around 100k yearly and local thai school just 20-30k yearly.

And by the time u retire in 25 years time, most likely you will choose to retire in Chiangmai instead of Bkk.....cheaper, more peaceful, nicer friendly people, lesser traffic, nicer weather etc.
Ya I figured many people have posed this question before. Currently I'm not married but will want to eventually settle down with a puying. Not really keen on kids but I'm sure my Wife to be would like one.

I have given Cnx a thought too as I really loved the place. But ya as you said only when I'm older would I hanker for such a lifestyle. Definitely in consideration tho.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Samster

Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ya I figured many people have posed this question before. Currently I'm not married but will want to eventually settle down with a puying. Not really keen on kids but I'm sure my Wife to be would like one.

I have given Cnx a thought too as I really loved the place. But ya as you said only when I'm older would I hanker for such a lifestyle. Definitely in consideration tho.
ok single is easy, just move over to Bangkok with a job and stay for some time to know if is really for you. Not party too hard like you're tourist but try save more money to invest in a condo to stay and future retirement plan, meantime try buying a HDB (if you're able to buy it) and rent it out for extra income

Generally a 40-50k baht salary is enough for single man to live but of course if you can get a higher salary is better. FYI local thai only live on 15-20k baht salary ib Bangkok and around 10-15k baht in Chiangmai....yet they still have some money for drinks and kopi 555.

As for me in CM, spending around 70-80k monthly with 2 kids schooling, household expenses, electric, water, internet, 1 maid, 2 cars (house and car fully paid so no instalment and no rental cost), etc.....few times a month restaurant food and sometime drinks with kakis.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Generally a 40-50k baht salary is enough for single man to live but of course if you can get a higher salary is better. FYI local thai only live on 15-20k baht salary ib Bangkok and around 10-15k baht in Chiangmai....yet they still have some money for drinks and kopi 555.
You already been there and done that so won't cheong so much liao as now you're more of a family lifestyle man.

If monthly salary only can earn THB40-50,000 then might as well work in Singapore to enjoy free health insurance coverage, medical benefits and CPF contribution by employer.

Open G-Club membership already THB20,000 so a THB50,000 salary is not enough.
Because once stay in Bangkok our social life is very colourful wan.
So many jao chu puyings around very tempting leh.
Also many Aquas more beautiful than real woman so how?
Don't believe can ask those who like to poke backside de.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCheong2 View Post
You already been there and done that so won't cheong so much liao as now you're more of a family lifestyle man.

If monthly salary only can earn THB40-50,000 then might as well work in Singapore to enjoy free health insurance coverage, medical benefits and CPF contribution by employer.

Open G-Club membership already THB20,000 so a THB50,000 salary is not enough.
Because once stay in Bangkok our social life is very colourful wan.
So many jao chu puyings around very tempting leh.
Also many Aquas more beautiful than real woman so how?
Don't believe can ask those who like to poke backside de.
Ya true also, when i was living in bkk for 5 years my monthly spending for clubbing already above 100k every month........but still not many company willing to pay expat salary for Singaporean, only few I know is earning 250-300k baht while most are just 50-100k nia.

Salary man 50-100k if they can control spending is still better to be in Bkk as cost of living is cheaper and hope they can save more cash by renting out their HDB so they can invest in condo here......where can buy a sgd 100k condo in Singapore?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Samster

If and when i get to settle there, I will likely find a nice girl and quit my cheonging life so dont really need the high income to supplement that lifestyle.

I know college graduates in Thailand earn around 15k to 22k on average. Investment bankers and other more prestigious jobs obviously earns higher. And like you guys said they still can survive and lim kopi due to the relatively lower cost of living there.

I would love to save enough to afford a condo there though... Already looked at how much its going to set me back. But I'm targeting a monthly salary between 40-50k minimally as well or else really struggle.

Of course I can make more than that in Singapore but at the end of the day the cost of living here will set me back and with the additional work stress.

Basically I fell in love with the country (of course, the pretty ladies helps alot too) and a normal, decent lifestyle there will suffice.

My only concern is healthcare like bro TonyCheong mentioned. Being in Singapore I get to enjoy medical benefits.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Samster

Quote:

My only concern is healthcare like bro TonyCheong mentioned. Being in Singapore I get to enjoy medical benefits.
Travel or health insurance will help a bit, and usually if you're employ by proper Thai company they do come with standard hospital coverage but subject to local hospital so don't expect Bangkok hospital kind of treatment.

And if really facing more serious or long term medical issue, will be better if you fly back to sg with just 2 hours flight and enrol in our govt medical care.........that's one main reason (beside HDB rental income) why I insist not to give up my sg citizenship.

Private hospital care still cheaper in Thailand, but if need govt subsidy kind of medical treatment just go back to sg will be the best.

BTW I set aside 1 million baht and tell my wife if anything happen to me, send me to CM hospital and use that million baht, if that fund near finish and I still not recover dun spend more money and just send me back to Singapore govt hospital or contact the sg embassy to help getting me back home 55555.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Re-location advice

My advice to all youngsters wanting to move to Bangkok and make a living teaching English! Don't get too INFATUATED with easy life, females and low cost of living in Bangkok. First of all, inflation is hitting Bangkok bigtime, cost of living has increased approximately 10 to 15 percent over 3 years! Also, when you have a Thai girlfriend, they expect to receive monthly stipend/salary of 20, 0000 to 30,000 bhat! If you don't pay, your relationship will not last!

Stay in Singapore and make as much money as possible and move here when you're rich and old! I would say at least 45 -50 years old! Don't make a hasty decision that you might regreted later!

So far, three of my American friends committed suicide due to financial reason and they didn't want to go back to America and work! Also, I know many Americans, Europeans and Australians that are having hard time in Bangkok because they don't have enough money. Moreover, many Americans are living Bangkok and moving to Angles City because Angles City if much cheaper to live and enjoy life in their twilight years!

Good luck.

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!

Last edited by norice; 03-10-2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post

Stay in Singapore and make as much money as possible and move here when you're rich and old! I would say at least 45 -50 years old! Don't make a hasty decision that you might regreted later!
Good advise !!

Thai and China people are going to sg to earn sgd so that they can save and bring back to their country and live a better life.......and if sinkie are not financially stable wanted to work and live in Thailand, i will not recommend you to do so.

Got a sg teacher working in cm, salary 30k+ although he is happy living here in cm but is not a long term plan for him.......think he is going back sg soon.

Most of us living in CM have passive income range 100k to 500k baht, basic living expenses totally not a problem for us, and some of them as young as 25 yo and most are 30+ to 40+.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Samster

TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Arrow Relocation to Thailand

Quote:
Salary man 50-100k if they can control spending is still better to be in Bkk as cost of living is cheaper and hope they can save more cash by renting out their HDB so they can invest in condo here......where can buy a sgd 100k condo in Singapore?
Only some aspects of standard of living is lower than Singapore such as private transport and accomodation.
The rest is only slightly cheaper these days.
I can find better value with groceries shopping in Johor Bahru.

As for condo property nowadays in Bangkok no more value.
Want to buy better go for the super luxury ones.
Those good location ones smelly smelly S$500,000 for a 2 Bedroom unit.
Only those condos sitting on prime land the value can hold as will always have both local and international demand.

Don't buy those half baked neighbourhood condos as it will be very hard to resell in the future.
Yes I know it can be very cheap but resale value is lousy should you need to liquidate for emergency or move back to Singapore.

Quote:
If and when i get to settle there, I will likely find a nice girl and quit my cheonging life so dont really need the high income to supplement that lifestyle.

I know college graduates in Thailand earn around 15k to 22k on average. Investment bankers and other more prestigious jobs obviously earns higher. And like you guys said they still can survive and lim kopi due to the relatively lower cost of living there.

I would love to save enough to afford a condo there though... Already looked at how much its going to set me back. But I'm targeting a monthly salary between 40-50k minimally as well or else really struggle.

Of course I can make more than that in Singapore but at the end of the day the cost of living here will set me back and with the additional work stress.

Basically I fell in love with the country (of course, the pretty ladies helps alot too) and a normal, decent lifestyle there will suffice.

I know how you feel because I stayed in Bangkok for a period of time some years ago.
You are still in "Honeymoon" mode which I can understand because I went through it before.

My suggestion is not to buy any condominium but townhouse (foreigner ineligible).
However you need to buy under a company name.
Condos are in abundance but better off locals will always aim townhouse as have more privacy and free parking for multiple cars.

Quote:
Travel or health insurance will help a bit, and usually if you're employ by proper Thai company they do come with standard hospital coverage but subject to local hospital so don't expect Bangkok hospital kind of treatment.

And if really facing more serious or long term medical issue, will be better if you fly back to sg with just 2 hours flight and enrol in our govt medical care.........that's one main reason (beside HDB rental income) why I insist not to give up my sg citizenship.

Private hospital care still cheaper in Thailand, but if need govt subsidy kind of medical treatment just go back to sg will be the best.
I think there are more cons than pros if I stay in Thailand just because certain things are slightly cheaper.
We must look at the bigger picture also.

MEDICAL
With compulsory Medishield Life premium deduction from our Medisave.
Hospitalisation costs will be partially subsidised.

Bangkok public hospitals cannot make it man.

EDUCATION
With almost free education for your children up till Secondary School.
What for waste money to send your children to private or international school in Thailand?

Public schools in most Asian countries is cannot jalan one but Singapore public schools are very good one leh.
Many Ah Tiongs want to get into our public schools for a free ride.

This is our citizen privilege so don't waste it.
The savings from the primary and secondary school costs can be utilised for your children's higher education.
Which means you have more disposable income to travel and cheong 555.

LAW & ORDER
No need to elaborate furthur.

The bottomline is unless I can live like a King in Thailand or ThaiBev hire me as CEO or given a salary that I cannot refuse there's no reason for me to reside and work in Thailand especially if one has a family.

Last edited by TonyCheong2; 03-10-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Samster

Quote:
My advice to all youngsters wanting to move to Bangkok and make a living teaching English! Don't get too INFATUATED with easy life, females and low cost of living in Bangkok. First of all, inflation is hitting Bangkok bigtime, cost of living has increased approximately 10 to 15 percent over 3 years! Also, when you have a Thai girlfriend, they expect to receive monthly stipend/salary of 20, 0000 to 30,000 bhat! If you don't pay, your relationship will not last!

So far, three of my American friends committed suicide due to financial reason and they didn't want to go back to America and work! Also, I know many Americans, Europeans and Australians that are having hard time in Bangkok because they don't have enough money. Moreover, many Americans are living Bangkok and moving to Angles City because Angles City if much cheaper to live and enjoy life in their twilight years!
Your advice is spot on.
The experiences that Happyman007, you and me have in Bangkok is at least 10 plus years or more.
We've seen the many changes in and around Bangkok/Chiang Mai and certain parts of Thailand.

A lot people still have the notion that Bangkok is cheap.
The inflation in recent years is one of the highest in Southeast Asia.
The property bubble is waiting to be popped only.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Samster

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 791 / Power: 13
francesco is a splendid one to beholdfrancesco is a splendid one to beholdfrancesco is a splendid one to beholdfrancesco is a splendid one to beholdfrancesco is a splendid one to beholdfrancesco is a splendid one to beholdfrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Good luck.
this one good thread cos i too m planning for my retirement there (still a long way to go tho 55).

20-30k consider low liao, got one wl offered herself to b my เมียน้อย n asked for 4k sgd /mth, i was like "lol wtf!"...
Old 04-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Samster

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stay in SG, earn SGD then come Thailand n enjoy. Retire maybe but work here??? Trust me, u will "ki gao lan pa dua sway liap."
Old 05-10-2016, 03:11 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco View Post
20-30k consider low liao, got one wl offered herself to b my เมียน้อย n asked for 4k sgd /mth, i was like "lol wtf!"...
I'll tell such WLs to go "heng gao kan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Stay in SG, earn SGD then come Thailand n enjoy. Retire maybe but work here??? Trust me, u will "ki gao lan pa dua sway liap."
Work in Thailand be prepared for delays in all matters.
Usual reply will be, "Jai yen yen na".
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1