The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 20-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 943 / Power: 20
JWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to behold
Thai movies/drama thread

Hi all

Thai movies & dramas are known to be well scripted and very much actual events that may have taken place. (Some directors derive their ideas from such)

A good way of brushing the use of the Thai language may be listening to songs or even watching movies/dramas.

Here in our island, not many Thai movies, let alone dramas, get to grace our cinemas...but from time to time there are some that are missed out.

Hopefully you guys can share Thai movies/dramas you have watched either here or in Thailand or anywhere else, and if you liked the movie/drama so much - we could either purchase the dvd/vcd here or even if it is currently being shown in the cinemas (for movies).

Try to give snapshots, syspnosis or even pictures to give potential viewers a review.

JWNY

drink Coke...save water
Old 20-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Samster

JWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to beholdJWNY is a splendid one to behold
Re: Thai movies/drama thread

Me and Suteerak1099 watched this movie during the week and found it quite entertaining...there are subtitles at the cinema, but we were more engrossed with how the story was written...and as usual, the climax ~ that was almost "Shutter" quality.

JWNY rates 3 out of 5 stars

JWNY

Me...Myself ~ ขอให้รักจงเจริญ

Directed by Pongpat Wachirabunjong

Produced by Thanya Wachirabunjong / Piyaluck Mahatanasab

Starring Ananda Everingham / Chayanan Manomaisnatiphap

By Sorradithep Supachanya

He cooks. He cleans. He loves her for who she is, and he is everything her ex-boyfriend is not: gentle, sensitive, and supportive (no, you don’t look fat in that dress). What’s the problem? He’s gay and she doesn’t know it. Neither does he.

Such is the premise of Me Myself, a big screen directorial debut from veteran actor and television director Pongpat Wachirabunjong. It opens with a heartbroken Oom accidentally hitting a man and giving him amnesia. Feeling guilty, Oom takes him into her own apartment and calls him Tan after the word on the necklace found on him. They fall in love but soon discover that Tan is gay and, more shockingly, the star of a transvestite cabaret show in Phuket (don’t worry, this is not the climax; I’m not spoiling the movie for you).

Me Myself is supposedly a tear jerking romance but I had some troubles shedding tears because one element of the character and plot seems so incredible: can an amnesiac transvestite who suffers identity loss but fully retains his personality and normal intelligence “forget” his gay experience? As the movie later shows, Tan grows up among transvestite cabaret showgirls and has been cross-dressing and putting on makeup since childhood. So, it seems a little unrealistic that one tragic accident can completely suppress all these experience (yes, suppress because all the memories later return), and Tan feels nothing when he goes through Oom’s cosmetic kit and wardrobe or sees a cute guy walks on by.

After discovering Tan’s gay past, the movie seems to wanders aimlessly as it dabbles with various unconnected subplots, such as Tan’s readjustment to his cabaret lifestyle, Oom’s problem at work, and her relationship with her young nephew. It ignores topics of love, sexuality, or social acceptance. Was their love real? Is their love based on friendship rather than attraction (platonic vs. romantic)? Is he ready to question his sexuality and feeling? Can they live together? These are questions that come up after the revelation, but are never answered in the movie.

Personally, I feel that this movie would work better if Tan is never a transvestite showgirl. Cut out that element and we still have an enjoyable romantic story about guy without a past falling in love with a girl who wants to forget about her past. After all, the movie already seems that way, as it devotes most of its time to showing the audience how the two protagonists fall in love. In the beginning we see Oom treating Tan as a suspicious stranger and putting on three levels of locks on her bedroom door to keep him out. But, soon Oom notices how Tan supports her when she needs somebody (the stage show scene) or how he makes a fool of himself for her (the karaoke scene). This part of the movie is well-paced and the romance not only heavy on the emotions but also logical and believable. Here I must applaud screenwriter Kongdej Jaturanrasmee (whose work includes another tear jerker The Letter in 2004) for such as feat

Chainant Manomaisantiphab makes her acting debut here as Oom and is convincing as a sassy 20-something career woman, a reluctant host to a stranger, and a surrogate mother to her nephew. But, she is a little too stoical when it comes to displaying complex emotions after discovering Tan’s identity. Ananda Everingham (of Shutter fame) is excellent here playing Tan. Keep an eye on his small gestures, such as the way he sits or waves his hands, they clearly communicate his character of a guy with elusive past and conflicting emotions. He is surely among the best of his generation.

drink Coke...save water
Old 20-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1587 / Power: 20
vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future

Dont watch Baan Phee Singh... not worth it.
Old 20-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1509 / Power: 19
KLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant futureKLKOOL has a brilliant future

Hi Bro JWNY. Nice thread. Something different Cheers.
Brother of Realm, Tiko#41

U. N. R. E. T. I. R. E. D.
Old 20-09-2007, 01:33 PM
SamSter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 43 / Power: 0
Red_Tirak1099 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWNY View Post

Here in our island, not many Thai movies, let alone dramas, get to grace our cinemas...but from time to time there are some that are missed out.

I agree not much Thai movies release here except those with box office potential & even these are once in a blue moon. 2 weeks ago I ask my GRO gf go watch the movie "ALONE", she said BKK shown long ago. DVD rental shops now stock more Thai movies though but mostly of the horror genre.
Old 20-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Samster

Location: Pontian,JB, Singapore and Bangkok, and now back to Singapore
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 385 / Power: 22
SmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Garamond"]Me and Suteerak1099 watched this movie during the week and found it quite entertaining...there are subtitles at the cinema, but we were more engrossed with how the story was written...and as usual, the climax ~ that was almost "Shutter" quality.

Watched the DVD 2 months ago. i think i will give it a 3.5/5

IMHO
From JB to Singapore
15 and 1/2 months in Bangkok.
now i had left LOS
Miss there, lifestyle, people, more and more.
Sad Sad Sad
Old 20-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Samster

Location: Pontian,JB, Singapore and Bangkok, and now back to Singapore
My Reputation: Points: 385 / Power: 22
SmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find betterSmallD is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Anybody who like the Thai History should go for the

King Naresuan. (Phra Naresuan)

Currently Part 1 and Part 2 already available in the market. But unforunately i still cannot find those with english subtitle and they show are using the ancient language so it is quite tough for the beginner to understand.

Just finished the part 1, it seems a bit slow.

www.kingnaresuan.com
From JB to Singapore
15 and 1/2 months in Bangkok.
now i had left LOS
Miss there, lifestyle, people, more and more.
Sad Sad Sad
Old 20-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 259 / Power: 18
Da Vinci is one of the Best!Da Vinci is one of the Best!Da Vinci is one of the Best!

good Sharing!!! where to get Thai DVDs in singapore?

SYT CLUB PRESIDENT&
Tiko Club No. 45!

SYT Club Recruitment - a club where SYT lovers gather and share

Will up all those who contribute. SYT Club members' priority
Old 20-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Vinci View Post
good Sharing!!! where to get Thai DVDs in singapore?
buy here bro...express shipping too...

JWNY

drink Coke...save water
Old 20-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 248 / Power: 19
blur boy is a Helpful and Caring Samsterblur boy is a Helpful and Caring Samsterblur boy is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtech View Post
Dont watch Baan Phee Singh... not worth it.
Is this the one which have 3 stories of gruesome murder happening in the same house???
Hugoman: Celine, Paris

(many lost records liao)
Old 20-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1587 / Power: 20
vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future

I have this documantory in my HDD, about to delete but maybe see if anyone here interested in it, i'll upload it.

It's called the Virgin Trade.

Summary:
Filmmaker Stuart Kershaw embarks on a journey through Thailand's red light districts to investigate the world's largest sex industry. This exploration of international sex tourism turns expectation on its head, in an expedition that is as brutal in its honesty as it is unexpected in its conclusions. But who are the victims? Are parents selling their children into brothels to finance lavish Western lifestyles? Or do orphans fill the demand - smuggled into sex-work after disasters like the Tsunami? Stuart bulldozes a host of Thailand's urban myths whilst viciously affirming widespread exploitation and deceit.

lemme know if anyone here might be interested ...
Old 20-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 441 / Power: 19
deuter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterdeuter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterdeuter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterdeuter is a living Saint! - you won't find betterdeuter is a living Saint! - you won't find better

bros..

i'd assume the movies we can get frm GM dun come wif english subtitles? n nevertheless.. they are old films too ja..

ไม่ต้องพูดเยอะ ไม่ต้องคิดเยอะ
Old 20-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 157 / Power: 17
twinseeker is a Helpful and Caring Samstertwinseeker is a Helpful and Caring Samster

saw this w 1 of my colleagues. she was sobbing buckets when the truth revealed that the tan(ya) had to live with his past. overall, i think its pretty enjoyable flik. may consider watching the dvd someday when i feel like lazing at home
Old 20-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 429 / Power: 20
suteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Me and Suteerak1099 watched this movie during the week and found it quite entertaining...there are subtitles at the cinema, but we were more engrossed with how the story was written...and as usual, the climax ~ that was almost "Shutter" quality.

managed to find:
the ... Me, Myself ขอให้รักจงเจริญ
the OST MV....

overall i kinda like how it narrates about life & choices, towards the end of the screenplay.

a beauty; a blessing... a pauper; a curse... a beautiful impecunious; not sure if its a blessing or a curse
Old 20-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 429 / Power: 20
suteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettersuteerak1099 is a living Saint! - you won't find better

i guess the DOP & EP deserves some credit, for some of the angles shot. like the roof top scene, the old skool phone booth in the middle of a lalang field, the worn out house number plate, they typical corridor scene, the color combination for wardrobe & skating rink, the messed up room, standing in the rain at the theme park... etc

not to mention the self portraits of Oom in her home... nostalgic stuff.

a beauty; a blessing... a pauper; a curse... a beautiful impecunious; not sure if its a blessing or a curse
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1